A collection of recent news featuring IAS residential fellows, staff, and initiatives.
- MPR recently wrote about how Minnesota Transform is supporting Indigenous language immersion student housing and language instruction for community members.
- Rachel Hardeman, IAS Faculty Fellow, Fall 2020, has started a project to develop and test the Multidimensional Measure of Structural Racism, which determines the amount of structural racism people are exposed to in communities.
- Elizabeth Wrigley-Field, IAS Faculty Fellow, Fall 2020, was recently interviewed by the Star Tribune about her work addressing vaccine inequity across Minnesota.
- Jennifer Eun-Jung Row, current IAS Faculty Fellow, was just awarded a 2021 McKnight Land-Grant Professorship. Congratulations, Jennie!
- Kyungsoo Yoo, Fall 2015 IAS Faculty Fellow and former advisory board member, was recently interviewed by Business Insider about a mysterious, tornado-shaped spiral of worms that surfaced in New Jersey after heavy rainfall. Locals referred to the incident as a “wormnado.”
- Francis Shen, Spring 2019 Faculty Fellow, recently spoke about how changes to the construction of soccer balls could significantly reduce the risk of traumatic brain injuries in soccer players.