Humanities Without Walls National Predoctoral Career Diversity Workshop, Summer 2021
The University of Minnesota will nominate one student for the HWW 2021 Career Diversity Workshop. To be considered for nomination, your application and letters of support must be submitted by Monday, November 2, 2020.
- A narrative (1,000 words maximum) explaining the applicant’s intended career trajectory and addressing the following questions:
- What does “career diversity” mean to you and what do you know about career diversity in graduate education?
- Why are you interested in attending the workshop?
- What kinds of knowledge and skills are you seeking from the workshop?
- How do you envision sharing what you learn at the workshop with your colleagues, department, campus, and beyond?
- What experiences have you had in applied or public humanities or public engagement?
- • What do you hope to achieve as a result of attending the workshop?
- CV (two pages maximum)
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from the applicant’s primary adviser/dissertation chair; both should emphasize the applicant’s fit for this workshop
Applications will be submitted through this google form. You must log in with your UMN internet ID.
Complete the form. You will need the following information:
- Name and email
- Doctoral degree program
- Date of admission to doctoral degree program
- Intended degree conferral date
- ABD status
- Name and email addresses of the two people who are writing your letters of recommendation. One of these must be your primary advisor or dissertation director
Upload your Narrative statement and CV as directed.
Check the box as indicated to certify your commitment to the workshop.
*Note: Because this is a Google Form, you will not be able to save a draft of this form while you are working to return to later, nor will you receive a copy of your submission.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Two letters of recommendation must be submitted directly to the IAS. One of these must be from your primary advisor or dissertation director. These letters should emphasize your fit for the workshop.
Letters should be sent by attachment directly to [email protected]. Subject line should be: “HWW recommendation – [applicant last name].”
Letters of recommendation must be received by Monday, November 2, 2020.