NOTE: We will be relaunching the 5x5 Initiative in Fall 2023, with a call to be released in late Spring 2023. Please stay tuned for further information.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Community Members
Participating in a 5x5 offers:
- Expanded intellectual and institutional networks
- An opportunity to investigate or indulge a passion not within your usual scope
- A one-to-one meeting with an IAS facilitator interested in learning more about your work and ideas and how we might support those through the 5x5 initiative or in other ways
Learn more about the IAS 5x5 Initiative and read about a few featured groups here.
How 5x5s Work
Each group will have the help of an IAS facilitator to get started and a budget of up to $1,000 for materials, lunches, field trips, or other expenses. The IAS staff is also willing to consult or facilitate if the group wants to continue, develop a project or event together, make connections outside the University, or other activities. We hope all the participants will find the 5x5 stimulating; we have no expectations for outcomes beyond expanding participants’ networks and experience finding a common language for discussions across disciplines. This is an open-ended process—our goal is for you to meet people across disciplines, learn something, appreciate others, and help encourage interdisciplinary thinking.
- PLEASE NOTE: you cannot save or edit the form once you have begun.
- We strongly recommend you download the Word version of the questions and copy-paste them into the form when ready to submit.
- Click here to complete and submit the application.