Visiting Scholar of Indigenous Studies
The Institute for Advanced Study at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus invites applications for a two-year appointment for an early-career scholar as part of the Environmental Stewardship, Place, and Community Initiative.
- Contributing to the intellectual development of the cohort as an advisor on Critical Indigenous Studies.
- Collaborating on development of curriculum and possibly pilot curriculum that integrates diverse ways of knowing and emphasizes environmental stewardship approaches within the humanities.
- Collaborating on designing and facilitating two Humanities Futures Workshops. These workshops on the Twin Cities campus will invite Indigenous and other underrepresented undergraduate students to explore graduate education opportunities and how advanced education in the humanities might align with diverse career interests.
- Mentoring interested graduate students on the Twin Cities and Duluth campuses.
- PhD successfully defended by May 31, 2020
- PhD earned within the last five years
- A background in areas related to Indigenous Studies
- Experience with and/or commitment to engaged scholarship
- A commitment to curriculum development and teaching with particular attention to diverse ways of knowing within the humanities
- Background in environmental justice/stewardship, Indigenous epistemologies and methodologies, and humanistic fields
- Experience in program development and working with Indigenous and other underrepresented students
- Firm grounding in interdisciplinary and intersectional research methods and approaches
Depending on qualifications and the interest of candidates, there may be an opportunity to teach a class through the Department of American Indian Studies or other relevant departments as well.
This is a full-time, 12-month position and is funded for two years. The salary is $60,000 with a comprehensive benefits package. Starts summer 2020.
Applications are submitted through the University of Minnesota’s Employment System – search for position #335018. Applicants should submit a letter of application, CV, and list of three references with full contact information. Please notify references that they may be contacted for a letter of support in February.
Position is open until filled; review of applications begins on Friday, February 14, 2020.