The Institute for Advanced Study seeks a Communications and Programs Associate. The Communications and Programs Associate is responsible for working collaboratively with the Programs and Communications Manager, with a positive attitude, ability to work independently, and strong attention to detail. This role is responsible for communicating with stakeholders inside and outside of the University, advancing our programmatic efforts, and helping build and strengthen our partnerships through various media channels, including print, website, etc.
- Developing and updating IAS public-facing media, including print publicity, social media, and web presence. This includes creating and distributing flyers, updating calendar listings, and maintaining a robust social media presence.
- Serving as a primary contact for IAS communications with internal and external partners, including IAS Research and Creative Collaborative conveners, participants in 5x5 research groups, and former residential fellows.
- Initiating and following up on correspondence regarding marketing and co-sponsorships of IAS public programs.
- Maintaining content on the IAS website, creating and updating pages and posts, working proactively to keep the site up to date.
- Processing and maintaining IAS media. This includes recording and posting videos, editing, cataloging and submitting IAS media for regular submission to UMedia archives.
- Corresponding with visiting speakers and panelists regarding schedules, blurb, titles, images for marketing, etc. Coordinating visiting speakers’ schedules with relevant parties, as needed.
- Preparing introductory materials and PowerPoint slides for IAS presentations.
- Assisting IAS presenters with technical set-up (projection, microphones, etc.)
- Managing video recording and live-streaming of public presentations.
- Developing and supporting efforts to make IAS programming fully accessible.
- Maintaining and updating comprehensive lists of IAS affiliates.
- Supporting selection processes.
- Setting up/organizing IAS Zoom meetings, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Art, or related field, or 4 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communications skills
- Experience with Drupal 7
- One year of graphic design experience (InDesign or Photoshop)
- Experience with posting to social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- 2 years of communications experience
- 1 year of public programming experience
- Familiarity with University of Minnesota systems
- Experience with data management outcome tracking for communications and marketing strategies
- Experience with working successfully as part of a team as well as independently
This position is a full-time 12-month Civil Service position; we are open to the possibility of a 10-month (mid-August–mid-June) appointment. This position reports to the Communications and Programs Manager. Salary range for a 12-month appointment is $46,000-$49,000, depending on experience.
Applications should be submitted through the University’s Employment System – search for position #334398. Please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, resume or CV, and list of references. Finalists for the position will be asked to submit a writing sample.
Priority application deadline: Monday, December 9