University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota
http://www.umn.edu/
612-625-5000

The Fabulous Ice Age: Pre-Release Screening for Feedback of Documentary by Keri Pickett

Thursday, December 13, 2012
7:00 p.m., 125 Nolte Center

Documentary film maker Keri Pickett offers a pre-release screening of her new film, The Fabulous Ice Age, for feedback. The Fabulous Ice Age chronicles the era of the great American touring iceshows revealing how, with their dazzling production numbers and variety acts, they dominated family entertainment for decades. It also depicts one skater’s quest to keep this history from being forgotten. The ice shows’ creation and success changed the lives of skaters and audiences alike – eventually exporting American culture around the world. Rare archival footage, candid interviews with producers, skating legends and devoted chorus gypsies bring this never-before-told history of a uniquely American art form to life.

Keri Pickett is an award-winning photographer, filmmaker and author of Love in the 90s, B.B. & Jo: The Story of a Lifelong Love, A Granddaughter’s Portrait (Warner Books, 1995), Faeries (Aperture Books, 2000), and Saving Body & Soul, The Mission of Mary Jo Copeland (Random House, 2005). She is the recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Bush, McKnight, Jerome and Target Foundations and the Minnesota State Arts Board.

The Fabulous Ice Age is Keri Pickett’s first feature film. It has received a Minnesota State Arts Board Artist Initiative Grant.  A trailer for the film is available at http://fabulousiceage.com/.

Tagged , ,